ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS... QUITE A LOT, ACTUALLY

After all the planning, preparation, blood, sweat, and tears, I did it. I had my very own booth at the Wampus Wonderland, and it was fun and exhausting. The best part of the Wonderland was getting to see my favorite makers' work in person. HERE ARE 4 OF MY FAVORITE ARTISTS FROM THE SHOW THAT YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: (I also, ahem, included my personal wishlist so you'll know exactly what to get for me Christmas this year!)

Me and my booth at the Wampus Wonderland! Image taken from Smalli.

MAY WE FLY

Instagram introduced me to May We Fly. Leana Fisher of May We Fly crafts and designs beautiful watercolors that she turns into prints, cards, and calendars. Not only does Fisher have a great blog to follow if you want some help as a fellow maker or are just plain curious, she hosts workshops, too! On my wishlist: May We Fly's Pear & Fig Market Pad & Recipe Cards.

May We Fly's Snowy Night cards. Image taken from May We Fly Design.

BRENNA COLLINS

I first came across Brenna Collins' work at a small art market I participated in back in the fall. She prints all of her own work and has a fantastic eye for design. What I love about Collins' work is that she works from the best kind of unexpected imagination. Line quality? Yes, please. On my wishlist: I'll have one of Collins' The Future is Femme shirts in a large.

Some cool cats by Brenna Collins. Image taken from Avvvocado.

BANG-UP BETTY

Back when I lived in Little Rock I was a little familiar with the artist behind Bang-Up Betty. All I can say is that her work has gotten better and better over the years. She makes just about everything, including jewelry, shirts, and tote bags. Her work is sassy as fuck, funny, and elegantly designed. On my wishlist: Bang-Up Betty's "Cornbread Booty" necklace.

Custom stamped key ring by Bang-Up Betty. Image taken from Bang-Up Betty.

INKSTAND STUDIO

Emily Chase of Inkstand Studio deftly balances the fine art life with the functional craft life. Chase's jewelry, stickers, and patches are cute and sweet, and her illustrations are endearing. However, what really blows me out of the water is Chase's fine artwork: paper apparel, illuminated works of cut paper, and oil paintings - Too much!!! I am envious of her skill. On my wishlist: Inkstand Studio's Foxes & Flowers Birchwood Ornament.

Emily Chase. You Must Do the Work With Your Own Hands. Handcut paper and vellum in black walnut box, LEDs, 13" x 13" x 6". 2017
Image taken from Emily Chase Art.

Over 100 vendors participated in the Wampus Wonderland on Saturday, which means that these four artists are by no means the only extraordinary makers there. If you weren't able to make it to the Wonderland, there will be another one in Eureka Springs, and lots of Christmas time craft shows and art sales will be going strong throughout the season. Support local artists and find out who your faves are this year (besides me, of course)!

You can still get my work in time for the holidays! Buy here.
Digital print of my original watercolor, Under the Stars.





Comments

Popular Posts