A QUICK UPDATE

The first year of momhood has been a lot different than I expected. Mostly, it's been better than I thought it would be, but it has definitely taken a toll on my work. Art work has been slow, but that doesn't mean I've been completely off duty. I finally had my solo show, Problematic, in November. I was nervous about how the work would all come together, but once it was up, I've got to say, it looked pretty darn good. Problematic had a fair turn out, and it felt good to get the work out there. Listen to my radio interview about it with Katy Henrikson here!

A sample of work, The Stages of Ladydom, Acts I-VI, from Problematic.

There are two holiday events I'm participating in this December. The first is a month long show at Stage 18 called Decadent Chemistry: Heroines and Abstracts. It should be a fantastic event, featuring tons of different artists and small, affordable art work. The opening reception for it is Thursday, December 6 from 6:00-9:00.


I'm also participating in the Wampus Wonderland at the Fayetteville Hilton Garden Inn! Last year was my first craft show ever, and it was a great time. I'll have illustrations, prints, postcards, and zines that you might have seen before, in addition to new work from Problematic. All of the work is reasonable and priced to sell! The Wampus Wonderland is a two day event. On December 7, 6:00-9:00 is Nerd Prom, a costume party and shopping event with Clunk as the DJ! Tickets are $10 each or $20 for 4. The next day, December 8, is a free shopping spectacular from 10:00-4:00. You can find more information about it here.



After the holidays I'm planning on buckling down with my art work. Those big wonderful oil paintings I had in mind from my last post? Unfortunately they aren't going to happen soon. However, I'm looking forward to working on a new illustration portfolio and a lot more commission work! Commissions are officially open-- pet portraits, people portraits, house portraits, plant portraits, special recipes, and anything else you can think of! I'm a bit let down about not getting to oil paint like I want to, but working on a new portfolio is exciting stuff. As always, check back here to see what I'm doing, or for daily updates, take a gander at my Instagram!

A recent pet portrait I did.

Comments

Popular Posts